Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

Cypress Community Tip: How to Ask a Question

Cypress Community Tip: How to Ask a Question

SaraLeslie
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
250 sign-ins 100 sign-ins 50 likes received

There are two primary ways to ask questions in the Cypress Community.

Make sure you are logged into the Cypress Community. If you are logged in you will see your name and Avatar on the right-hand side of the page.

tip how to ask question a.png

On all discussion areas you will see an Actions drop down button in the middle of page and the full Actions menu on the right hand side.

Select Start a Discussion

create a discussion.png

Fill out the details

• Title
  • Text field
  • Tags (optional)

*The system automatically selects the Mark this discussion as a Question button. If you are sharing information and don’t necessarily need a correct answer, then deselect this. Points are awarded differently for questions vs. normal discussions.

Select the Post Button

tip how to ask a question c.png

After your question is posted you may update it at any time using the Actions menu

• Edit
  • Lock
  • Move
  • Delete

tip how to ask a question d.png

We discourage deleting threads and questions because they are valuable to other community members and our team. If other members post responses they will lose points if you delete the content.

Thank you!

The Cypress Community Team

Comments
wwfeldman
Level 3
Level 3
First like received Welcome!

How to Ask a Question:

screenshots are too small to read effectively

things circled in red too small and unclear  to read

separate issue: how do I change username

another separate issue

this is the closest thing to a "contact us" i could find

maybe you should add the ability to easily ask a moderator a question

MaCh_4265271
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First comment on KBA First question asked

Hi!

thanks for that comment!

It depicts my doubts either!

Like many new members (I suppose) without too much care I've accepted my default/ proposed nick-name...

Is it possible to change it (simply remove my first+last name from the nick...)?

As I understand the only way of communictation is posting comments or starting discussions

me too - I didn't find "contact us" on the other hand we can send the mail to community mgr. - only solutions I could find...

Marek

SaraLeslie
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of updating the page templates to make content and actions easier to navigate. I will keep you posted as revisions go live.

Best, Sara

sagr_4375536
Level 0
Level 0
First like given

I found this helpful. Thank you.

MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Would you please add a suggestion to include device name and/or evaluation board name if applicable?

I often write a sample program then told that the poster is using another device / evb.

Although it could be a good exercise of mine, it is often wasting time...

moto

bamo_4079406
Level 1
Level 1

Find it very helpful, Thank you very much.

AlHo_4624316
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am being told by Email to "set my status" - how is that done?

Ty

Al Hopfer

kama_1693131
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 likes received

It's so helpful, thank you!

JaWa_4152831
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

why is this such a difficult process? just add a button the to main page to start a discussion. I am logged in and it took me quite some time to find out what to do. even with this post I had to look in several pages.

SaraLeslie
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback,

We have found that members get faster and better quality responses if they navigate directly to the forum or topic that they need assistance with, search for a similar discussion and post a question if there isn't one already.

With that said- I have added this to our enhancement list for upcoming updates. Stay tuned for announcements in the second half of the year.

Best, Sara

Contributors