Author: JimT_21 Version: *A
This article is obsolete. ModusToolbox™ Software has moved to version 2.x, which is different from earlier versions. See Migrating from ModusToolbox V1.1 to V2.X - KBA229043 for guidance on migrating to ModusToolbox 2.x. If you have a PSoC® Creator™ or ModusToolbox 1.0 project, you should migrate directly to ModusToolbox v2.x.
How do I port an application from ModusToolbox (MT) version 1.0 to 1.1?
The project structure changed radically between these versions to improve the user experience. In addition, many resources in the SDK have been updated. As a result, there is no simple way to port an application from version 1.0 to 1.1.
You can do the following, to make the process as smooth as possible:
- Open the ModusToolbox IDE version 1.1 and create a new application. Use the starter application that is closest to what you need. For example, EmptyPSoC6App. This creates an application that is compatible with the new project structure.
- Replace the design.modus file in the new application (in your Eclipse workspace) with the design.modus file from your 1.0 application.
- Open the design.modus file using MT 1.1 Device Configurator.
It is likely to display multiple warnings and tasks. This is expected
- Update the design.modus file to use the version 1.1 library
In the Device Configurator, use File > Update Referenced Libraries. Select the psoc6sw 1.1 library.
- Modify the new project to match your original project.
For example, use your original main.c file. You may have added middleware or your own source code. Update the MT 1.1 project to match.
You may encounter symbol names that changed or other build problems, but these steps should get you a long way towards moving your application into MT 1.1
Note If your application has custom code written for the CM0+ CPU, you should move that functionality to the CM4 CPU. CM0+ projects are not readily available in MT 1.1. The CM0+ should be reserved for system functionality provided by Cypress or its partners. In the new project structure, a default CM0+ build is included in the CM4 project.