How can I enable Low Power mode in on CYBT-343026-EVAL? How do I measure the current?
The CYBT-423028-EVAL kit includes a fully integrated and certified Bluetooth Smart Ready wireless module (CYBT-343026-01).
This KBA explains how to enable Low Power mode using a sample application; a modified hello_sensor (hello_sensor_lowpower) sample application.
Follow these steps to enable Low Power mode in the sample application:
1. Include the header file wiced_power_save.h in the application project of WICED® Studio SDK.
2. Declare a callback function which is called by the stack at every opportunity to put the CYBT-343026-01 module to Low Power mode.
static uint32_t LPB_power_save_approve_callback(void);
3. Register the callback function in the initialization function of the application project.
4. Call the below function at the end of initialization to enable Low Power mode operation.
wiced_sleep_config( WICED_TRUE, NULL, NULL );
5. Implement the callback function to return ‘1’ at every possible opportunity to send the device to Low Power mode.
return 1; /* Return 1 to approve going into low power mode */
Here are a few options to optimize the power consumption of the CYBT-343026-01 module:
- Disable the timers in the application project or increase the timeout value based on the application requirement.
- Comment or remove UART initialization if the application does not require UART operation in the final product.
// wiced_transport_init( &transport_cfg );
- Make sure the unused GPIOs are in HI-Z mode to avoid leakage current.
- Turn OFF all switches on SW4 (HCI_UART) and SW5 (PUART) while measuring current in CYBT-343026-EVAL. Make sure all switches on SW4 (HCI_UART) are ON for firmware download.