How do I recover the functionality of CySmart dongle?
Follow these steps to recover CySmart dongle:
- Ensure that you have the current CySmart version. If not, install the latest version of CySmart – Bluetooth® LE Test and Debug Tool.
- Program and update the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) dongle firmware. You can find the hex file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CySmart\1.2\dongle
- Open the latest version of PSoC® Programmer, which can be downloaded from here: PSoC Programming Solutions
- Connect the BLE dongle to the USB port of your computer.
- In PSoC Programmer, select the dongle. Click the Folder icon to select the hex file of the dongle.
- Click the Program icon. After programming, the status will be PASS.
Figure 1: Selecting Dongle Firmware to Program
- Go to the Utilities tab. Click Upgrade Firmware.
Figure 2: Upgrading Firmware Selection
- Now, close PSoC Programmer. Open CySmart. Make sure the dongle is enumerated successfully. Check whether the dongle is detected. Otherwise, press Reset on the dongle and retry.