Translation - Japanese: Xilinx 7シリーズ FPGAにおけるCypress S25FL-L SPI Flashの使用について- Community Translated (JA)
Can I use Cypress S25FL-L SPI Flash with Xilinx 7 Series Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGAs)?
Yes, since the S25FL-L SPI Flash is backward compatible with former generation SPI Flash such as S25FL-P and S25FL-S, you can use the S25FL-L SPI Flash for Xilinx 7 Series FPGAs configuration.
The S25FL-L SPI Flash is compatible with S25FL-P and S25FL-S SPI Flash (see AN218107 Migration from S25FL-S to S25FL-L Serial NOR Flash Memory) regarding the command set, register set, and sector architecture used by the Xilinx 7 Series FPGAs except Device ID difference. If you use the Xilinx iMPACT tool, there are extra steps you must take to bypass the ID check in the iMPACT tool.
Version 2017.2 of the Xilinx Vivado does not support S25FL-L Device IDs. Follow these steps to program FPGA configuration data into S25FL-L, using the Xilinx iMPACT tool with ID check bypass:
- Open Windows Control Panel and click System and Security
- Click System.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- In the System Properties dialog, go to the Advanced tab and click Environment Variables.
- In the Environment Variables dialog, click New… in the User variables for username pane
- In the New User Variable dialog, enter the following values:
- Click OK on all dialogs.
- Launch the Xilinx iMPACT tool and follow the regular tool flow (boundary scan and PROM file creation)
- In the Select Attached SPI/BPI dialog, select a same density part you are using from S25FLxxxP or S25FLxxxS.