Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

What tools do I need in order to develop applications for the Neuron Chip?

What tools do I need in order to develop applications for the Neuron Chip?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Translation - Japanese: ニューロンチップのアプリケーションを開発するために何のツールが必要ですか? - Community Translated (JA)

Question: What tools do I need in order to develop applications for the Neuron Chip?

Answer:

Cypress does not offer any development tools for their Neuron Chips.  All development tools are available from Echelon Corp.  There are two development platforms available from Echelon for the Neuron Chip.  The LonBuilder and the NodeBuilder. 

NodeBuilder is used to create a single Neuron Node. Details regarding the latest version of NodeBuilder is available in this link:

http://www.echelon.com/products/development/nodebuilder/

The software environment is extremely easy to use integrates into the rest of the Echelon Network Installation and Management tools.  NodeBuilder is more popular of the two development environment because of its advanced development software, ease of use, and relatively low cost.

LonBuilder is used to create multiple nodes and emulate a network of devices.  It is a large piece of equipment that can emulate several nodes as well as routers.  It also has a built in network manager and protocol analyzer.  The drawbacks to the LonBuilder is the cost, the software which is somewhat outdated, and the complexity of use.

Visit the Echelon website at www.echelon.com for more details about their development tools.

0 Likes
Contributors