Question: After uploading the JEDEC file to the programmer and attempt to program the chip, I get "Socket1 Program ERROR" displayed by CY3672 software. What should I do?
Please double check the following
- The socket Adapter is correct. Make sure you use a proper socket adapter with the device in use. A list of the socket adapters and the corresponding supported devices is available in CY3672-USB Datasheet.
- Make sure you download the latest version of the programmer software.
- Make sure there is good contact between device pads and socket pins. Please visually inspect the connections of the socket pins to the part pads.
- Check for proper Device Orientation. Pin 1 orientation is indicated by the symbol in the top right corner of the programmer.
- Make sure to select the device of interest from the device list. For example, to program CY22392, double click on CY22392 from the device list that is shown after starting the software. Leave the settings on default and click start in the CY22392F setting... pop-up window. The device driver is then downloaded into the programmer and prompts you to browse to your JEDEC file location.
- Browse to the location where you stored your JEDEC configuration file and download it before hitting program.
- Click the program icon on the graphic user interface (GUI). You can hover over the different buttons with your mouse to find out other tasks you can perform and the purpse of each button.