Question: When using CM8MON41, why can't we download my ROM file correctly to the emulator?
The cause for such error is usually a bad connection or wrong settings. Below are the settings you might want to check.
- Go to My Computer/Control Panel/Regional Settings and make sure it is set to English (United States). This is the usual cause of download problems.
- Is the board powered?
- Make sure you have connected the RS232 cable.
- Set the correct Com Port.
- Go to the device manager and set the Com Port settings to:
Baud rate = 19200 (possibly 9600 as well)
Data Bits = 8
Parity = None
Stop Bits = 1
Flow Control = Xon/Xoff
- Set Switch S3 configuration to:
Position 1: Open (Program RAM)
Position 2: Open (Run on Reset)
The rest of the switch: Close (Default)
- Set Switch S1 config. to:
Position 1: Open (Enable USB Bus Reset)