Unfortunately there is no manual for CYSTART.exe, however operation is fairly straightforward once you know the main steps. Please refer below for some basic instructions.
Note: This example refers to the DIP adapter Base DP-48, all others are very similar.
1) Insert the Adapter base into the HiLo programmer such that the top of the dip socket (shown by a little "1" in the top left corner) hangs over the HiLo
programmer. The only other way you could mount it would be for the top of the Dip socket to hang over the edge of the HiLO.
2) Insert the appropriate matrix card into the Adapter base. Note the text "This side up". Use the silkscreen as an indicator, not the sticker.
3) Always mount the chip as the little diagram to the right of the DIP Sockets illustrates. In other words always mount the device at the top of the socket.
4) Be sure both levers are pulled down.
1) Open CYSTART.exe
2) Make sure you don't see a notification of "Error Identification on
Hardware." If you do make sure the serial cable is connected and that the
proper Com port setting is selected from the setup menu of cystart.
3) Next Go to device and select the correct device (if the package option isn't listed, just select the correct part. The adaptor base and matrix card will take care of package differences). After selection has been made you will see all the information in the Device window.
4) Then go to file and select "load file to buffer". Find your HEX file.
5) Then select INTEL hex. Select whether you want unfilled space with 00 or FF or don't care.
6) At this point you can simply hit "Program" and it will program and verify and you're done. There are other options such as "Blank check" and "security" that can be used if desired but are notrequired.
Note: M8 series and enCoRe USB low speed peripherals are not recommended for new USB low speed designs. Instead please use our encore II USB low speed peripherals for new applications.