In order to have the default Keil monitor (ezmon.sys) downloaded automatically, you will need to reprogram the serial EEPROM with the Vendor and Product ID combination of 0x0547/0x0080.
You can use the following steps to do to reprogram the serial EEPROM:
- Download the Vend_ax.hex from the Cypress\Usb\Examples\Ezusb\Vend_ax\ directory
- Set the Vend Req tool bar as shown:
Vend Req Req 0xA2 Value 0x0000 Index 0xBEEF Length 16 Dir 0 OUT Hex Bytes B0 47 05 80 00 01 00
- Hit the "Vend Req" button.
- Unplug/plug the USB cable and you'll see the green breakpoint light come on again, indicating that the Keil monitor has been successfully downloaded.
- You should be able to start your Keil debug session now.
Note: If you are using a large serial EEPROM, such as the 24LC64, set the Req field shown above to the value 0xA9
Related Documents: EZ-USB Contents and Tutorial located in the Cypress\USB\Doc\EZ-USB General directory