Address line configuration setting in GPIF Designer

Question: I am using the GPIF Designer. I use PE7 for another hardware function . I have 'right-clicked' in the Block Diagram tab and cleared the ADR8 box (the line went grey). But when I look at the gpif.c file generated I see:  // Configure GPIF Address pins, output initial value, PORTCCFG = 0xFF; // [7:0] as alt. func. GPIFADR[7:0] OEC = 0xFF; // and as outputs PORTECFG |= 0x80; // [8] as alt. func. GPIFADR[8] OEE |= 0x80; // and as output  This seems to be setting PE7 as an output (I need it as an input). I can obviously manually edit gpif.c, but if someone modifies the design later and regenerates gpif.c this will cause a problem.  Is there a way to stop GPIF Designer from affecting PE7?

Answer:
Please note that the Address line configuration setting have no impact on the rest of the program or on the waveform descriptor data generated by the Tools | Export function. They serve only to provide a visual reminder of the actual hardware application for which the waveform descriptors was designed. For more information please refer Help → This Tool → ADR line configuration.