Question: What is the function and use of m8c.h and PSoCAPI.h header files?
1. The M8c.h file has all the register definitions for PSoC®.
2. To use or modify any register in your program, include M8c.h
1. The PSoCAPI.h header file contains all header files of the user modules which you use in the project.
2. Instead of adding individual header files for each user module, you can directly add PSoCAPI.h.
User module header file
1. In PSoC, there are many user modules with user module declarations in .h header file and user module API definitions in .asm file.
2. a) For example, imagine you are using the user modules LCD and Timer8
b) PSoCAPI.h will have the declaration of LCD.h and Timer8.h
c) LCD.h will have the declaration of the LCD user module. Timer8.h will have the declaration of the Timer user module.
d) LCD.asm will have the definitions of the user module APIs. Timer8.asm will have the definitions of the user module APIs.