If I have done some modifications on the drivers (ezloader.sys  ezusb.sys)  can I change the version info. of the dri...

Question: If I have done some modifications on the drivers (ezloader.sys, ezusb.sys), can I change the version info. of the drivers (can I change the company name, version number etc. and only keep the copyright as CYPRESS?).  The derivative works should also include "CYPRESS" copyright?

Answer:

You can change the version info. of the drivers if you have modified them, you can change the company name, version number, etc., but you must keep the CYPRESS copyright notice if you are retaining a substantial portion of the underlying source and/or object code in your modification.

The derivative works should also include "CYPRESS" copyright, as explained above. If there is any question or doubt, I recommend being safe rather than potentially sorry (i.e., include the Cypress copyright notice rather than delete it and incur the risk that Cypress will revoke the license for violating its copyright notice terms [e.g., section 1.1]).