-As discussed in the Getting Started Guide of the CY3663 kit, Windows 98 machines require that the Initial Memory Environment be set to at least 1024. Below are the steps to make the appropriate changes:
1. Locate the shortcut for the Bash enviroment. After the CY3663 CD is installed (default), the shortcut can be found at:
2. Right click on the shortcut and select properties (otherwise start the BASH shell and click on the properties button in the CMD window).
3. In the properties window select the Memory tab.
4. Change the "Initial environment" setting to at least 1024 (the total setting should be Auto) and click Apply.
5. Next time you start the BASH shell from this shortcut you should get a prompt ([cy]$).
Note, If you are using the Simple Examples (SE) discussed in the book "USB Multi Role Device Design By Example", then the actual bash_env.bat batch file properties must be modified. These examples each have a seperate bash_env.bat file and do not use the shortcut installed in the start memu. Follow the same steps listed above to modify each of the bash_env.bat file properties.