Question: What documents and training are available for PSoC® Creator™ component development?
Cypress has both written documentation and training videos on Component development. All items are available on our website. The guides are also installed on your computer when you install PSoC Creator.
The following application notes guide you through the process of component development:
- AN82250 - PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP Implementing Programmable Logic Designs with Verilog
- AN82156 - PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP - Designing PSoC Creator™ Components With UDB Datapaths
The Component Author Guide included with PSoC Creator provides instructions and information on how to create components for PSoC Creator. To open the component guide from PSoC Creator, select Help > Documentation > Component Author Guide.
To download from the website, browse to: PSoC Creator Component Author Guide
The Component Development Kit installed with PSoC Creator includes additional documents. To open from your desktop, select
Start > All Programs > Cypress > PSoC Creator > Component Development Kit.
The Component Development kit contains the following:
- Component Author Guide: Provides instructions and information on how to create components for PSoC Creator.
- Customizer API Reference Guide: Provides API reference information for PSoC Creator Extensions code.
- Datapath Configuration Tool: Used to edit datapath instance configurations in a Verilog implementation of a PSoC component.
- Tuner API Reference Guide: Provides API reference information for PSoC Creator Tuner code.
- Warp Verilog Reference Guide: The Warp synthesis tool is a Verilog compiler used by PSoC Creator to design with PSoC devices.
Cypress also has a series of instructional videos for component development.
Basic Component Trainings
PSoC Creator 110: Schematic Components
PSoC Creator 111: Component Parameters
PSoC Creator 112: Introduction to Component API Generation
PSoC Creator 113: PLD Based Verilog Components
Advanced Component Trainings
PSoC Creator 210: Intro to Datapath Components
PSoC Creator 211: Datapath Computation
PSoC Creator 212: Datapath FIFOs
PSoC Creator 213: Multi-Byte Datapath Components
PSoC Creator 214: Datapath API Generation