Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

LPP Interfaces Supported by the FX3 ™ Development Platforms – KBA94627

LPP Interfaces Supported by the FX3 ™ Development Platforms – KBA94627

Anonymous
Not applicable

Version: *A

Question:

Which Low Performance Peripheral (LPP) interfaces are supported by the FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit (CYUSB3KIT- 003) and the FX3 Development Kit (CYUSB3KIT-001)?

Answer:

The FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit (CYUSB3KIT-003) supports the entire LPP. It has headers for SPI, I2S, I2C and UART. It has an onboard USB-Serial chip (CY7C65215) for JTAG-to-USB and UART-to-USB conversion. SPI and UART signals are multiplexed on the board. SPI and UART cannot be used simultaneously when the GPIF data bus width is set to 32-bit. Even though the datasheet shows that SPI and UART can be used simultaneously when the GPIF is not configured as a 32-bit interface, the FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit design limitation does not allow that.

The FX3 Development Kit (CYUSB3KIT-001) supports the entire LPP. It has headers for SPI, I2S and JTAG. It also has an RS-232 connector for UART. SPI and UART signals are multiplexed on the board. SPI and UART cannot be used simultaneously when the GPIF data bus width is set to 32-bit. Even though the datasheet shows that SPI and UART can be used simultaneously when the GPIF is not configured as a 32-bit interface, the FX3 DVK design limitation does not allow that. You can select UART or SPI on the board to choose between the SPI interface and the UART interface.

0 Likes
Contributors