Question: What applications are supported by PRoC-TT?
Typical applications supported by PRoC-TT are as follows:
- Touch mouse - Unlike a typical mouse, this species of mice has a touch-sensitive surface on top, so instead of clicking with fingers, users can tap and swipe and perform other gestures as they would on a touch-screen. PRoC-TT can be used as a single chip solution for such designs. PRoC-TT enables touch mice to support Windows 8 specific gestures as well as normal one and two finger gestures.
- Wireless trackpad - Wireless trackpads have a touch sensitive surface to them to recognize gestures performed by users together with a wireless 2.4 GHz link to transmit the recognized gestures to a dongle on the PC side. The dongle forwards the gestures to the windows OS. PRoC-TT can be used as a single chip solution on the trackpad side for touch sensing and wireless communication. PRoC-TT enables wireless trackpads to support Windows 8 specific gestures as well as normal one and two finger gestures.
- Keyboard with built in trackpad - Wireless keyboards design with built-in trackpads enable users to perform gestures together with typing. Such designs enable ease of use for end users. Activities such as scrolling, zooming in and out, and switching between applications become easy to perform without having to switch to a mouse while typing on the keyboard. PRoC-TT together with an external MCU offers a two chip solution for such designs. Moreover with Windows 8 Metro UI coming out, PRoC-TT which supports Windows 8 gestures opens up more possibilities for such designs.
- Remote controller with trackpad - With Smart TVs or Connected TVs providing users with a range of functionality such as web browsing, on demand streaming and so on, remote controllers for TVs and Set Top Boxes (STBs) are also evolving. Remote controllers are incorporating trackpads for cursor movement and gesture support. PRoC-TT enables a single chip solution (both touch sensing and wireless communication) for such remotes.
- Remote controlled toys - Radio Controlled (R/C) models and R/C toys are controlled using a remote controller. Remote controllers with trackpads allow users to use touch i.e. finger movements to control R/C toys. PRoC-TT can be used as a single chip solution for touch sensing and wireless communication on such remote controllers.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. If you have any doubts as to whether your application can be supported with PRoC-TT please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org