Question: How do you configure shortcut keys in PSoC® Creator™?
Shortcut key combinations make it easier to complete common tasks. For example, Ctrl + C allows you to quickly copy a selected item to the clipboard. You can configure shortcut keys in PSoC Creator to perform a specific task. A partial list of Creator’s current keyboard shortcuts can be found by searching in Creator for Keyboard Shortcuts under Help > Topics.
See Figure 1 and Figure 2 for the steps to configure shortcut keys in Creator.
Figure 1. Selecting the Customize Window
Figure 2. Configuring Shortcut Keys
- Click the Keyboard tab.
- Type or select the command.
- Select Global or the specific subsystem in which you want to use the shortcut.
- Type the shortcut key that you want to assign.
- Click Assign.
- Click Close.
The following are a few preconfigured shortcut keys in PSoC Creator:
- Shift + F6 – Build the project
- F6 – Build the workspace
- Ctrl + Break – Cancel the build
- F5 – Start debugging