Author: SananyaM_56 Version: *A
Translation - Japanese: USB-シリアルデバイスのMicrosoft® CDCドライバへのバインド – KBA91366- Community Translated (JA)
How do you bind a USB Serial device configured as a USB-UART bridge to a Microsoft® Communication Device Class (CDC) driver?
The USB-Serial device configured as a USB-UART bridge binds to the Cypress® CDC driver by default (as shown in Figure 1).
Figure 1. Cypress USB Serial Adapter Node in Device Manager
Follow the steps below to bind to the Microsoft CDC driver-
1. Download the file attached to this KB article. Extract the file content. The file will contain an .inf file that will allow you to bind to the Microsoft CDC driver.
2. You will need to uninstall the device and delete the Cypress USB-Serial CDC driver before binding the device to the Microsoft CDC driver. To uninstall, go to the Device Manager. Select the USB-Serial Device listed under Ports (COM & LPT). Right click on the device and click Uninstall. The Confirm Device Uninstall window appears as shown in Figure 2 below. Check the Delete the driver software for this device box to remove the Cypress drivers and click OK. Follow a similar procedure to uninstall the CypressUSbConsoleWindowsDriver as well.
Figure 2. Cypress USB Serial Driver Deletion
3. After the device is uninstalled completely, scan for hardware changes (Right click on any device. Click Scan for hardware changes or click on the Scan for hardware change icon).The device will install again. Open the Drive Software Installation window and click Yes, on the Do you want to skip getting driver software from Windows Update? dialog box as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3. Skip Windows Update
4. Now there is no installed driver for the device. The Device will appear in the Other devices list. Right click on the device and click the Properties option.
5. Go to the Driver tab. Click the Update Driver… option as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4. Updating the Microsoft Driver
6. The Update Driver Software window appears. Click the Browse my computer for driver software option as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5. Browse for Driver Software
7. Navigate to the location where you have stored the .inf file and select OK as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6. Microsoft Driver Software Location
8. Once you select the .inf file, the Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware option appears as shown in Figure 7. Click the USB Serial Port driver and then click on the Next button.
Figure 7. Update Driver Software Wizard
9. The driver software will be updated and the device will appear under PORTS (COM & LPT).
This completes the binding of the USB-UART Bridge to the Microsoft CDC driver.