Does Cypress have a tolerance specification which details how much of a voltage/power dip can be tolerated?
Slew rates may be one factor; however there is also the possibility of one or more scenarios that may affect the operation of the Cypress FLASH memory products during a voltage / power dip, such as:
- Low Power Hardware Data Protection
- Power-On (Cold) Reset
- Hardware (Warm) Reset Power-on (cold) Reset, Hardware (warm) Reset, and Hardware Reset all have specific timing requirements, and if violated, may cause the S25FL512S to operate erratically or not respond at all.
Voltage/power dip Issues to consider: -
- What was the actual voltage that was observed during a power dip?
- What was the actual duration of the voltage dip that was observed?
- How often does the power dip occur?
- During which embedded operation(s) does the power dip occur?
- Has it been determined as to why the power dip(s) occur(s)
It is not recommended to allow any such power dips to occur regardless whether the target application is Idle, Sleep mode, Deep Sleep mode or executing an embedded operation.
FLASH memory in general, regardless of manufacturer and memory density does not react well to power disruption, especially during the execution of an embedded operation.