How do I find Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) of Cypress parts?
If you know the Cypress part number:
- Go to www.cypress.com. On the top right, you will see a “Keyword / Part Number” search box.
- Select the “Part Number” tab above this text box.
- Type the exact part number, for example, CY8C29466-12PVXE. The part number will be listed on the search result page.
- Click on the part number link (1st column starting from the left).
This opens a new web page. Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) can be found under Quality and RoHS section about halfway down the page. All other quality information for this part number (e.g., RoHS compliance, Lead/Ball Finish, Qualification Reports, IPC reports) can also be found on this web page.
If you have any questions, or if the information is not available for a particular part number, please create a support case at www.cypress.com/support.
If you do not know the Cypress part number:
- Go to www.cypress.com. Browse the different products by family and select the product family.
- Select the product family (e.g., “Asynchronous SRAM).
- Click the Product Selector box on the right.
- On the Product Selector Guide page, click the part number you are interested in. On the pop-up screen, click Product Information.
This will lead you directly to the product information web page where you can find the details under the Quality and RoHS section.