Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

Operation of QDR in PLL OFF Mode and Use of CQ and CQ\ in QDR I Mode - KBA215646

Operation of QDR in PLL OFF Mode and Use of CQ and CQ\ in QDR I Mode - KBA215646

Anonymous
Not applicable

Version: **

Translation - Japanese: PLLオフモード時にQDRを動作させ、QDR IモードでCQとCQ\を使用する方法について - KBA215646 - Community Translated (JA)

Question:

How to operate QDR in PLL OFF mode and use CQ and CQ\ in QDR I mode?

Answer:

During PLL OFF mode, QDR is bypassing the PLL. The CQ clock is not generated by the PLL but QDR is generating CQ directly from the input K clock. In addition, the output read data is generated with respect to the CQ clock only during the PLL OFF mode. The output data will be edge-aligned with CQ clock so you can use the CQ clock to capture the read data. As mentioned earlier that CQ clock has been generated from the K clock directly. If you want to use the CQ clock in QDR-I mode, you need to provide a stable K clock to QDR because it might affect the CQ clock as CQ clock is not generated from PLL.

Cypress recommends running QDR in the PLL OFF mode at <120 MHz. It is not recommended to run QDR with the PLL OFF mode at a higher frequency. In addition, note that the PLL OFF mode is not tested but guaranteed by design.

0 Likes
Contributors