MiniProg3 is no longer working after updating the Mac OS to Sierra. The following error message appears:
“Warning: MiniProg3-can't open port endpoints”
This is a known issue and detected with Mac OS Sierra used with virtual machine VMware (version 8.5). Issue is resolved in VMware Fusion 10. Update the VMware to latest version or use the below workaround for VMWare version 8.5.
- Close VMware and disconnect MiniProg3
- Right-click on the ".vmwarevm" file, and select Show Package Contents.
- Right-click on the ".vmx" file andselect Open With > TextEdit.app.
- TextEdit > Preferences > NewDocument and disable "Smart quotes".
- Add one of the following lines to the ".vmx" file:
usb.quirks.device0 = "0x04b4:0xf113 skip-refresh"
usb.quirks.device0 = "0x04b4:0xf113 skip-reset, skip-refresh, skip-setconfig"
- Save and close the ".vmx" file and then run VMware.
- Open PSoC Programmer and connect the MiniProg3 to PC.
- Observe the next error message "The connection for the USB device 'Cypress MiniProg3' was unsuccessful".
- Click VMware Settings > USB & Bluetooth, check Cypress MiniProg3 and select Connect to the Windows.
Now MiniProg3 will work with PSoC Programmer and PSoC Creator successfully.