PSoC®/PRoC™ BLE Regulatory (FCC/CE/SRRC/IC/MIC/KC) Certification - KBA218786

Version: **

Question:

Where can I get the software for regulatory certification?

Answer:

The software is not released publicly. Contact your Cypress distributor/ Cypress FAE or create a technical support case to get it. Generally, the MTK or firmware for regulatory certification can be used for regulatory certification.

Question: What are the requirements for FCC/CE/SRRC/IC/MIC/KC certification?

Answer: Generally, the regulatory certification needs to verify the frequency tolerance, transmitting power, occupied bandwidth, and spurious emission limits according to the jurisdiction: FCC (USA), CE (EU), SRRC (China), IC (Canada), MIC (Japan), and KC (Korea).

• FCC/CE/SRRC/IC/MIC certification requires verifying the frequency offset and TX power of the Low (2402 MHz), Mid (2440 MHz), and High (2480 MHz) channels.
  • KC certification requires verifying the frequency offset and TX power of all 40 channels.

Question: Should I design the UART port or button in hardware for regulatory certification?

Answer: The MTK needs the UART port to receive commands from the PC. The regulatory certification firmware uses the button to switch the command.

Question: What should I do to amend the frequency offset?

Answer: The ECO do not need external matching capacitors because the PSoC/PRoC BLE chip already has it inside. See AN95089 for ECO selection and tuning techniques.