How can I find the Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) rating, lead frame material, package weight, and Material Declaration Data Sheet (MDDS) for Cypress Flash NOR and NAND devices?
The MSL rating, lead frame material, package weight, MDDS and other parameters are reported in the Packages and Packing Handbook. Please follow these steps to find the handbook and the parameters you need:
- Find the package type code from the “Ordering Options” section in the flash data sheet. For example, the package type code for the NOR flash part number S29GL256S10FHI010 is "LAA 064".
- Go to the search field on the Cypress website (www.cypress.com) and type “packing and packaging handbook”
- Click on “Packing and Packaging Handbook”.
- Next click on "Chapter 2: Package Materials.pdf”.
- Once the PDF document opens, search (Ctrl + F) for "LAA 064". It will bring to material declaration datasheet (MDDS), which will show package material information for the LAA 064.
- Moisture sensitivity level (MSL) is stated on the top portion of page near the middle of the header of the material declaration datasheet (MDDS). The package weight is located to the right of the header of the material declaration datasheet (MDDS).
- Lead Frame Material is located under the Package Substances Analysis Table (applicable to only TSOP and SOIC packages) of the Material Declaration Data Sheet (MDDS).
- The moisture sensitivity level (MSL) applies to both Pb-free (low halogen) and non-Pb-free package types.
Note that “MDDS” is an older acronym, as is Package Material Declaration Datasheet. The current term is “IPC1752 Material Declaration”.
Here is a direct link for the handbook: