Translation - Japanese: Xilinx 7シリーズ FPGAにおけるCypress S25FL-L SPI Flashの使用について- Community Translated (JA)
Can I use Cypress FL-L SPI Flash with Xilinx Spartan-6 Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)?
Yes, since the S25FL-L SPI Flash is backward compatible with former-generation SPI Flash such as S25FL-P and S25FL-S, you can use the S25FL-L SPI Flash for Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA configuration.
The S25FL-L SPI Flash is compatible with S25FL-P and S25FL-S SPI Flash (see AN218107 - Migration from S25FL-S to S25FL-L Serial NOR Flash Memory) in regard to the command set, register set, and sector architecture used by the Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA and iMPACT tool, except Device ID difference. If you use the Xilinx iMPACT tool, there are extra steps you must take to bypass the ID check in the iMPACT tool.
To use the Xilinx iMPACT tool to program FPGA configuration data into S25FL-L, follow the steps below:
- Open Windows Control Panel and click System and Security.
- Click System.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- In the System Properties dialog, go to the Advanced tab and click the Environment Variables.
- In the Environment Variables dialog, click New… in the User variables for username pane.
- In the New User Variable dialog, enter the following values:
- Click OK on all dialogs.
- Launch the Xilinx iMPACT tool and follow the regular tool flow (boundary scan and PROM file creation).
- In the “Select Attached SPI/BPI” dialog, select a same-density part that you are using from the S25FLxxxP or S25FLxxxS.