How do you write flash memory in the FR81S MCUs?
The FR Family FR81S MCUs can be programmed with two serial writers; CAN MCUs can be programmed with one serial writer.
- Programming with Flash serial writer using SIO
- Programming with PC serial writer using UART
- The frequency of the crystal oscillator that can be specified for each type of microcontroller is limited.
- For information on microcontrollers compatible with the PC serial writer, contact Cypress Technical Support.
- Programming with Flash serial writer via CAN
When programming with a serial writer (such as Yokogawa Digital Computer Corporation (YDC) products) via CAN to Flash MCU, a boot program (from YDC) needs to be programmed to the Flash MCU; this is also possible using CAN.