You can upgrade the firmware in a CCG2/3/4 device using the Serial Wire Debug (SWD) interface in the device. This approach uses a PC running the PSoC Programmer software and a MiniProg3 programmer to program the CCG2/3/4 device as shown in Figure 1.This simple method of programming, typically during product development, can be used on a board equipped with 5-pin or 10-pin SWD header. The MiniProg3 programmer acts as the host programmer and the CCG2/3/4 device as the target. Note that VDDD of the CCG2/3/4 device can be set to either 3.3V or 5V for programming over the SWD interface.
Figure 1. Programming CCG2/3/4 device using MiniProg3
- Start PSoC Programmer from Start > All Programs > Cypress > PSoC Programmer.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the MiniProg3 programmer; connect the other end to a PC.
- Connect the MiniProg3 programmer to the SWD header on the board.
- Select the MiniProg3 programmer from the Port Selection window, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2. PSoC Programmer Window
- Ensure that the settings on PSoC Programmer are as highlighted in Figure 2. The Connector radio button should be set to 10p for CCG2 and 5p for CCG3/4.
- Click the File Load button, and select the appropriate hex file. Contact Cypress for the CCG2/3/4 firmware images. The status message at the bottom right of the PSoC Programmer window will indicate if the board is powered.
- If the board is not powered yet, click the Power button and verify the status message as in Step 7.
- Click the Program button to program the hex file onto the chip. When the file is successfully programmed, the “Programming Succeeded” message appears on the Actions window.
For more information about SWD programming for CCG2/3/4, see the CYPDxxxx Programming Specifications.