We have different options in the command input line for setting a global define. Below topic is a simple explanation for these inputs.
Actually you can also get most of them from the makefile. We also provide examples after wiced studio installed.
Build for release
It means if you want to use Jtag or Jlink to have a debug, you need to add this option to get a debug image.
- snip.apsta-BCM943340WCD1-FreeRTOS-LwIP download run
Keyword : FreeRTOS-LwIP download run
It means use FreeRTOS system, LwIP network protocol and use the default USB-JTAG programming interface.
- demo.aws_iot.shadow-BCM94343W_AVN download_apps download run
If you want to download app into external flash by using SFLASH_WRITER_APP, you need to enable this option.
- snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4-FreeRTOS-LwIP-SDIO download run
It means using FreeRTOS system, LwIP network protocol, SDIO interface for communication.
- snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4-ThreadX-NetX_Duo-SDIO download run
It means using Threadx OS system, Netx network protocol, SDIO interface communication.
- snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4-ThreadX-NetX-SPI download run
It means using Threadx OS system, Netx network protocol, SPI communication interface.
- test.wifi_join-CYW954907AEVAL1F VERBOSE=1 download run
It means compile and download log will output with a more detailed logs.
we also have some other options like [JTAG=xxx] [no_dct] [JOBS=x] , below comments are important for input compile options:
* Component names are case sensitive
* 'WICED', 'SDIO', 'SPI' and 'debug' are reserved component names
* Component names MUST NOT include space or '-' characters
* Building for release is assumed unless '-debug' is appended to the target
* Some platforms may only support a single interface bus option
Below are instructions for OTA2, please refer to the document carefully .
Key words are:
//Build an OTA2 Update Image suitable for upgrade server:
//Build an OTA2 Factory Reset Image suitable for manufacturing FLASHing of the device:
//It includes waf/ota2_bootloader, OTA2_factory_reset_image.bin, waf/ota2_failsafe, DCT, Application LUT, ota2_extract, and the application
// Below is for secure flash and version management.
//show update from version of the SDK.
//There were optional structures in the System DCT that are now always included. They are the Bluetooth (BT), Peer to Peer (P2P) and Over The Air 2 (OTA2) sub-structures. This information must also be designated so that the code knows which (if any) of the optional structures were used in the original application build DCT.