|Product Selection||Product Evaluation||WICED Sense||Product Development||Manufacturing / Production|
Here you will find a series of links/resources that will assist in the selection of a WICED Smart BLE product:
Intro Video: Introduction to WICED Smart
Hot Sheet: WICED™ SMART Hot Sheet
FAQ: WICED SMART FAQ
Here you will find a series of links/resources that will assist during the purchase/use of a WICED Smart BLE development system:
To purchase one of our kits, please visit our partners page: Purchase a WICED Bluetooth Dev Kit
For SDK downloads, please visit WICED Smart Documents & Downloads
If you are using one of Broadcom's TAG boards the Quick Start guide is extremely helpful in getting to know the TAG board and using the SDK.
Quick Start Guides:
SDK 1.x and TAG2 - WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 1.x and TAG2 Board)
SDK 2.x and TAG3 - The specified item was not found.
SDK 1.x and TAG2 - Hardware User Guide (SDK 1.x and TAG2 Board)
SDK 2.x and TAG3 - Hardware User Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)
If you are having problems with your installer, check that the download size of the installer is roughly 260MB, installer problems are typically caused by incomplete downloads.
The picture below shows a very common error message. Our SDK utilizes a 32-bit version of an Eclipse based IDE which requires a 32-bit version of JRE to be installed. If you already have the 64-bit JRE installed, you will also need to install the 32-bit version as well. The JRE is designed to allow both 32 and 64 bit variants to be installed on the system.
The WICED Sense kit uses a Silicon Labs USB to Serial Device. The TAG3 board uses an FTDI USB to Serial Device. Both should be installed as part of the SDK 2.2.1 installation process. If not, the FTDI drivers for the TAG3 reinstall them using the file /WICED-Smart-SDK/Drivers/dpinst.exe (make sure you access from the command line). The Silicon Labs USB Drivers can be found WICED Sense Table of Contents
Everything we have for the WICED Sense, such as schematics, drivers, and Android application source code, can be accessed through the WICED Sense Table of Contents. A great post for the WICED Sense is the WICED SENSE Kit BLOG which is like a WICED Sense quick start guide.
Some Android devices appear to have issues pairing to the WICED Sense Tag from inside the app, linked is a work-around that should allow you to connect to your Android device: WICED Sense Android Pairing Work-Around
The most basic starting points to begin writing code are hello_client/sensor and mybeacon. AS does a great overview of hello_sensor in his interview: WICED Smart Video BLOG: Experts Interview - Sleep Deep_Sleep and Advertising
Below are links to commonly visited posts that may help in your development process.
- Code Overview
- General Questions
- Reference Design/Schematics
- What does 08 returned by emconinfo_getDiscReason() mean?
- Additional master/slave questions on BCM20736/7 family
- Re: How best to implement bulk data transport
- smp_bond_result 04
- Connection Event Callback API
- Connection Event Callback API (follow-on)
- To update connection parameter for Master/Slave Relationship
- Connection Interval and Connection Slave Latency
- When does bleprofile_sendNotification() actually send?
- Check if bleprofile_sendNotification() was successful
- Slow reconnection
- Sometimes connection not bonding
- Information: Debug the BCM20732 Tag over HCI-UART using a COM port via USB on the PC
- How to debug the board step by step?
- Information: BCM20732S debug/trace capabilities through the HCI UART port
- How do I interpret the extra tracing data ?
- Testing Master and Slave Roles
- How can I use ble_trace() for application debug?
- How to get debug traces ?
- WICED Sense debug with UART
- How to disable 20737S SDK trace, BLE_TRACE_DISABLE?
- BCM92073X TAG Power Supply Configurations
- Power level granularity in blecm_setTxPowerInConnection() and blecm_setTxPowerInADV()
- Unusual current draw during connection using BCM20732S
- Current Draw and Advertising Timing on the WICED Sense (BCM20737S)
- how to reduce the power consumption when use puart ?
- BCM20737S Current Consumption Voltage Condition and more...
- [BC20636S] Power consumption advantages when using external oscillator
- WICED Smart Video BLOG: Experts Interview - Sleep Deep_Sleep and Advertising
- Sleep Deep_Sleep Explanation and Techniques
- WICED Smart Sleep/Deep-Sleep Explanation and Techniques Design Guide
- BCM20736S Sleep Example Firmware
- Questions sleep and deep sleep modes on BCM20737
- GPIO Interrupt State after Deep Sleep
- Entering Sleep
- Waking From Sleep
- WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces
- SPI uart i2c external flash with BRCM20737 SoC
- BCM20736S I2C, PUART and SPI comms
- SPI1 access or send command to flash in application level.
- BCM20732 Memory Map Architecture
- BCM92073X TAG Memory and Programming Configurations
- WICED Smart BCM92073X I2C EEPROM Emulation Porting Guide
- WICED Smart BCM92073X EEPROM and SFLASH Layout
- WICED Smart BCM92073X NVRAM Access
- Memory size limits on 20732?
- BCM20732S NVRAM Size
- nvram: number of locations to write to
- BCM20736S I2C, PUART and SPI comms
- TAG3 Serial Flash Configuration
- It seems that I can not read the data is stored in NVRAM before the last power off.
- Layout of VS1 in the EEPROM
- Re: Accessing the 512 kb (64 kB) EEPROM in the 20737S module
- Information: Programming your BCM20732S-based board from an onboard UART header
- UART does not receive
- UART Routines
- BCM20732S based boards sometimes develop UART failure
- Spec for uploading firmware to the BCM20732S via HCI UART?
- puart_write() crashing on BCM20736?
- Peripheral UART missing bytes
- Problem with UART watermarks
- PUART RTS/CTS Hardware Flow Control
- What are the PUART FIFO Rx interrupt threshold settings?
- Need clarification on PUART RTS/CTS flow control support
- Hardware Timer
- WICED Smart BCM92073X OTA Firmware Upgrade (1)
- WICED Smart BCM92073X OTA Firmware Upgrade (2)
- How to do OTA: Step by Step with PDF
- SOTAFU for Android and iOS
- Why error occur when I open WsOtaUpgrade.exe?
- Why error occur when I open WsOtaUpgrade.exe? (continued)
- Issue with using Windows OTA upgrade app
- Encryption API
- How to operate RSA in BCM20737S & BCM20737S document
- Update on RSA and/or app note for BCM20737?
- BCM20736S and RSA
- RSA Document
- BCM20737S: LE security mode1 level3/4 supported?
- Re: BCM20732S refuses to program
- Programming manufacturing data during production
- Production Programming of BCM20737S
- Do I need to register separately with the Bluetooth SIG to use the Bluetooth logo in my product?
- BD_ADDR - how do you get one?
- BD_ADDR: Changing BCM20737 Board Address for Production
- Changing BD_ADDR from the application
- Creating a BD_ADDR
- Programming the TAG2/TAG3 Board using command line tools
- BCM20732S refuses to program
- cgs.exe and ChipLoad.exe