|1.1||Added J-Link Cable for Reference||08/11/14|
WICED Smart J-Link Debugger
The WICED Smart J-Link Debugger is a Software debugger combined with Segger J-Link Debug Probe.
- The J-Link Debug Probe is shown below and the link is located here: SEGGER - The Embedded Experts
Figure 1: J-Link Segger Debugger
2. Schematic of cable adapter to the J-Link 20 Pin connector:
Figure 2: J-Link Segger Debugger Interface Connector
3. Shown below is the connection to the BCM20737TAG_Q2 Board:
Figure 3: J-Link Connection to BCM20737TAG_Q2 Board
4. The Smart Designer J-Link setup procedure:
- Connect USB to Top Port PC
- BCM20737TAG_Q2 Board Switch configuration for programming:
Figure 4: Boot ROM, Reset and Switch Buttons
Please refer to the Quick Start Guide: http://community.broadcom.com/docs/DOC-1602
- Configuration for Push Button Switches
- BOOT ROM Push Button
- RESET Button
- Push Button Sequence:
- Press and Hold BOOT ROM Button
- Press and Hold RESET Button
- Release RESET Button
- Release BOOT ROM Button
- SDK Commands
- Run Clean
- Run PWM-Tones App
- Run Debugger:
- Remove USB and Insert Battery
- Return Switches to opposite program
- Connect J-Link USB Connector to PC
- Connect J-Link to Board - See Figure 3 above.
- Push Reset
- Run GDB Server
- Click OK – Observer 2 Green Lights
- Click Bug Icon in SDK (Top Middle Section)
- Click “I” Icon (Under Navigate Menu) – Instruction Mode
Click “I” once then press F5 3 times.
Note: R3 (the 10K pulldown on RXd) must be removed for the debugger to work.
Please let us know if you have any issues.