When using PSoC Creator compiling a new project generated from CCGx Host SDK, you could meet such error:
"Post-Build Script failed: Primary and backup binaries are overlapping."
The command '.\post_build.bat' failed with exit code '1'.
--------------- Rebuild Failed: 08/13/2019 15:50:15 ---------------
There are two ways to avoid this problem.
- Creating Project from Start Page
The SDK example projects are listed underKits -> EZ PD CCG CCGx Host SDK on the Start Page. Click on the workspace name to copy it. When copying the workspace, the complete workspace directory along with all the projects associated with the workspace are copied to the selected destination location. PSoC Creator automatically opens the copied workspace after completing the copy.
In this way, the Post-Build Script failure problem could be avoided, but the project name could not be changed.
- Creating Project from Code Examples
- Use File->New->Project to create a new project. Modify the workspace name and project name to whatever you want.
- Right click on workspace name and use Add a Existing Project to add backup_fw.cyprj to the workspace.
- Right-click on workspace name and use Dependencies to add a code dependency for the CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook project on the backup_fw project.
4. Edit the post_build.bat script file in the project folder. Change CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook in @set "PROJ=CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook" to your project name.