This project was created by our partner Sensirion, who is a leading sensor manufacture of gas and liquid flow sensors, differential pressure, as well as environmental sensors.
Project Technology Focuses
- PSoC 6 Arm® Cortex®-M4 and Cortex-M0+ MCU
- CYW4343W 802.11n Wi-Fi + Dual-Mode Bluetooth Radio
- Sensirion Particulate Matter Sensor, Humidity/Temperature Sensor, and Indoor Air Quality Sensing
- Arm Mbed™ OS
- Sensor Data Transmission to Cloud via Wi-Fi
With rising pollution levels worldwide, as well as the rise of smart homes and smart buildings, air quality monitoring is becoming an important capability for IoT engineers to design into their devices. Both in outdoor and indoor environments, logging air quality data, locally processing this data, and providing insights by posting to a cloud platform via Wi-Fi connectivity are valuable in ensuring health and safety. Cypress’ PSoC 6 MCU and Sensirion’s air quality sensors are the ideal choices for these systems.
This project covers the entire data flow, from reading it out from the sensors through I2C, processing the data locally, data upload to a cloud service as well as an example dashboard users can set up themselves.
- PSoC 6 MCU Datasheets:
- CYW4343W 802.11n + Dual-Mode Bluetooth Radio Chipset Datasheet
- Murata Type 1DX Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Module (housing CYW4343W) Datasheet
- All ModusToolbox Software Environment Documentation
- Mbed OS Resources:
- Cypress Mbed OS Community Technical Forum
- Cypress Mbed Homepage
- Cypress Mbed OS Example Projects
- PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT) Mbed Landing Page
- Arm Mbed OS Documentation
- Cypress Mbed OS Knowledge Base Articles:
- Sensirion Sensor Product Pages: